While Manhattan is my one true love, I often venture out to Brooklyn for great eats and shopping. Below is my list of all the ways I love to cheat on my original love:
- Fette Sau (354 Metropolitan Avenue, Williamsburg – BBQ) – This place is incredible. The food is perfectly smokey and well cooked. They change the menu every day so you can always go back! Communal seating is a little like the wild west.
- Pies N Thighs (166 S. 4th Street, Williamsburg – Southern) – This hole in the wall contains my favorite brunch spot. The fried chicken is so good you can’t help but lick your plate clean. Make sure you order a Brewdriver to drink with your breakfast!
- Ikea (1 Beard Street, Red Hook – Furniture/Home Goods) – I don’t care what you say, Ikea is the best for cheap furniture and home goods. They even deliver to Manhattan. Score.
- Bubby’s Brooklyn (1 Main Street, Dumbo – Traditional American) – This is so much better than the Manhattan location. The food is heartwarming and the space is huge.
- West Elm (75 Front Street, Dumbo – Furniture/Home Goods) – They have the best stuff for your home, the best sales for your wallet and most importantly, the store is so much more organized and clean than the one in Chelsea.