This is my favorite warm-me-up winter beverage. It’s perfect for cold snowy or rainy nights, it’s really easy to make and everyone loves it.
- Green Tea Bags
- Lemons (for garnish and for juice)
- Whisky or Scotch of your choosing
- Cinnamon Sticks
- Boil enough water to fill half a mug. (Boil a full kettle to make about 5 hot toddys at one time – each drink will require half a cup of hot water)
- Fill half a mug with hot water and add a green tea bag.
- Add honey (as much as you like)
- Add lemon juice (you can squeeze it fresh yourself, or use bottled, won’t make much difference). About a quarter of the cup (so half of the space you have left).
- Add whisky/scotch (I prefer Jameson, but any brand will do). I usually gauge it as a “four second pour”.
- Mix everything together well. The honey should dissolve entirely.
- Slice up the lemon and stick a round of it in there for garnish. Throw in a cinnamon stick at this time too.