My mom has a heart shaped waffle maker, so I love (hehe, get it?) to have waffles when I go home. These are my favorite!
- 2 cups all pourpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons double acting baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups buttermilk
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- Combine the dry ingridents
- Beat in a seperate bowl until light: 2 egg yolks, buttermilk & butter
- Combine liquid and dry ingredients with a few swift strokes. Don’t over whisk!
- In a seperate bowl, beat 2 egg whites until stiff, but not dry and fold them into the batter.
- Drop a hearty dollop of the mixture into the waffle iron.
- You know it’s done when the steam stops!
Notes: This is an easy recipe to double or triple depending on how many people you are serving. It is also fairly forgiving, I have dumped everything into one bowl at one time and still had great waffles.