This recipe is super easy and takes less than an hour (including bake time). Adding the peanut butter chips is a game changer and makes them seem more homemade.
- One box of chocolate cake mix (some sort of fudge mixture is best)
- 1 bag of M&M’s (I made it for Valentine’s Day, so I chose pink, red and white)
- 2 bags of peanut butter chips
- 3 eggs
- Vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees .
- Whip out your cupcake tins and throw some liners in there.
- Follow the directions on the cake mix box.
- Add the peanut butter chips. Use at least one bag. You can add more depending on how you like it. The peanut butter will melt in the oven and blend with the chocolate. YUM.
- Once the cupcakes have baked, let them cool, ice them with store bought icing (I recommend whipped chocolate icing – it’s easier to spread, you won’t risk tearing the top of the cupcake).
- Lay out the cupcakes on a serving platter and cover them in M&M’s. Use the remaining M&M’s to cover the bottom of the plate. It looks prettier that way.
- Surprise someone with your baking skills!